Monday, 2 January 2017

RTH Switch modification for H901A

By default, the RTH switch on the H901A controller does not work as one would expect.
Normally a switch to invoke an emergency function (RTH) should not be dependant on other switch settings. On the rare occasions that I want to use RTH,, i normally need it straight away, not after fumbling around ensuring I'm in GPS mode.
I rarely fly in GPS mode, so flipping one switch is much easier in my opinion, than flicking two!

I know it's a simple enough thing to do, but I hate seeing things that make no sense, so I've modified my RTH switch to work the way "I think it should" ๐Ÿ˜œ

Hopefully the pictures and video are self explanatory, Sorry about the video but I couldn't be assed to script it and it's just bumbling nonsense 

Obviously do this at your own risk.
It works OK on mine but no liability accepted if anything goes wrong.

E&OE

Schematic


View of controller

RTH Switch wiring

"MODE" Switch Wiring




1 comment: